EM Wholefoods Hemp Seeds
Are produced by our growers from Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales and processed (hulled) by our own Hemp Hulling Co (QLD) in Coolum Beach, Queensland, Australia. Our seeds are Certified Chemical Free (No nasties!) and wonderfully fresh.
EM Wholefoods Hulled Hemp seeds are a vegan friendly, gluten-free and 100% Australian grown nutritional powerhouse, packed with antioxidants, protein, fibre, phytosterols, vitamins, minerals, fibre and essential fatty acids (in a perfect ratio).
Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
Hemp is well known as one of the most nutritious and versatile plants in the world, containing all 20 amino acids, including 9 of the most essential that the human body can’t produce on its own, as well as antioxidants, phytosterols, vitamins, minerals, fibre and essential fatty acids.
- Hemp seeds are packed with essential minerals such as magnesium and phosphorus for bone health, zinc to boost the immune system, and iron for oxygenating the blood.
- Hemp seeds contain up to 15% fibre and about 6400mg of ‘complete’ protein per spoonful that helps with constipation and promoting healthy digestive regularity.
- Hemp seeds are rich in both Omega-6 and Omega 3 fatty acids that work to regulate your metabolism, help brain function, maintain bone health, and stimulate skin and hair growth. In fact, a spoonful of whole hemp seeds packs over 2000mg of Omega 3!
With a pleasantly mild, nutty flavour hemp seeds are ready to use raw or in low heat cooking. The seeds can be sprinkled on hot cereal, yoghurt or salads, added to shakes & smoothies, or added to breads, pancakes, granola bars and other baked desserts. Packed with protein, hemp seeds are ideal for people following a paleo diet or trying to reduce their carb intake.
- Hemp seeds contain the highest amount of PUFAs (Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids) like Omega 3 and 6 – level with Walnuts for the #1 position at around 47g of PUFAs in every 100g of seeds.
- The highest quality and quantity of Protein. Hemp protein is gluten-free with a complete Amino Acid profile and Hemp is the only plant to make protein from Edestin making it more digestible than other forms of protein like Soy. And unlike Soy doesn’t cause allergies or contain estrogen compounds. Every 100g of Hemp Seeds contain approximately 33g of this high quality protein.
- GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) – one of only five known sources (Borage seed, Evening Primrose seed, Black Currant seed, Carrot seed, Wheat germ) of this ‘wonder’ oil believed to be important for preventing inflammation.
- 15 times as much fat-fighting CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) as fish oil.
- Practically no Carbohydrates with less than half a gram of sugar per 20g serving.
- Gut-cleansing Fibre.
- Cholesterol-fighting Phytosterols – 1480mg per 20g serving.
- Minerals including Calcium, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc.
- Vitamin E plus other Antioxidants.
- B Vitamins including Folate.
- Vitamin D3 – the only known plant food source of this bone-building “sunshine” vitamin.